A. Focus Journal
Silampari Bisa: Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan Bahasa Indonesia, Daerah, dan Asing is a journal that focuses on publishing research results in Indonesian language and literature education, foreign language and literature education, and local language and literature education.
B. Subfocus Journal
Silampari Bisa: Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan Bahasa Indonesia, Daerah, dan Asing publish research results from the following subfocus:
- Indonesian Language and Literature Teaching
- Foreign Language and Literature Teaching
- Regional Language and Literature Teaching
- Language and Literature Education Curriculum
- Applied Linguistics
- Discourse Analysis
C. Publication Ethics
Silampari Bisa: Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan Bahasa Indonesia, Daerah, dan Asing (P-ISSN 2620-6919, E-ISSN 2620-3316) is a peer-reviewed journal published LP4MK STKIP PGRI Lubuklinggau. This statement clarifies the ethical behavior of all parties involved in the act of posting an article in this journal, including the author, the chief editor, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewed and the publisher. This statement based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
Ethical Guideline for Journal Publication
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed Silampari Bisa: Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan Bahasa Indonesia, Daerah, dan Asing is an essential building block in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge. It is a direct reflection of the quality of the work of the authors and the institutions that support them. Peer-reviewed articles support and embody the scientific method. It is therefore essential to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editor, the peer reviewer, the publisher and the society.
LP4MK STKIP PGRI Lubuklinggau as publisher of Silampari Bisa: Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan Bahasa Indonesia, Daerah, dan Asing takes its duties of guardianship over all stages of publishing exceptionally seriously, and we recognize our ethical and other responsibilities. We are committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or additional commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions. Besides, the LP4MK STKIP PGRI Lubuklinggau, and the Editorial Board will assist in communications with other journals and publishers where this is useful and necessary.
The editor of the Silampari Bisa: Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan Bahasa Indonesia, Daerah, dan Asing is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should publish. The validation of the work in question and its importance to researchers and readers must always drive such decisions. The editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editors may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
An editor at any time evaluates manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest
Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not use in an editor's research without the express written consent of the author.
Duties of Reviewers
Contribution to Editorial Decisions
Peer review assists the editor in making editorial decisions and through the editorial communications with the author may also help the author in improving the paper.
Any selected referee who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the editor and excuse himself from the review process.
Any manuscripts received for review must treat as confidential documents. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
Standards of Objectivity
Reviews should conduct objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate. Referees should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
Acknowledgement of Sources
Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument reported should accompany by the appropriate citation. A reviewer should also call to the editor's attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
Disclosure and Conflict of Interest
Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage. Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Duties of Authors
Authors of reports of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Underlying data should be represented accurately in the paper. A paper should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work. Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behavior and are unacceptable.
Data Access and Retention
Authors are asked to provide the raw data in connection with a paper for editorial review, and should be prepared to provide public access to such data (consistent with the ALPSP-STM Statement on Data and Databases), if practicable, and should in any event be prepared to retain such data for a reasonable time after publication.
Originality and Plagiarism
The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original actions and if the authors have used the works, or words of others that this has appropriately cited or quoted.
Multiple, Redundant or Concurrent Publication
An author should not, in general, publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. Submitting the same paper concurrently to more than one journal constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
Acknowledgement of Sources
Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given. Authors should cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work.
Authorship of the Paper
Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. Where there are others who have participated in certain substantive aspects of the research project, they should be acknowledged or listed as contributors. The corresponding author should ensure that all appropriate co-authors and no inappropriate co-authors are included on the paper and that all co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the article and have agreed to its submission for publication.
Fundamental errors in published works
When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
D. Admission Process and Publication of Journal Articles
Silampari Bisa: Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan Bahasa Indonesia, Daerah, dan Asing accept journals with the following steps:
- Authors are required to register online.
- Author should fill out author’s profile on OJS website that consists of author First, Middle and Last Name (If author only uses one name, fill the first name and last name with the same name), Gender, Initial, Username, Password, Affiliation (University/or Institution), E-mail, Mailing Address (complete address of affiliation: street name, city, province and zip code), Country and Bio Statement (Department or Faculty). Author must follow the journal template which can be downloaded at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T9kpifidAIDBGPPHm6qPL0tXNOi3CoI-/view
- Article is written in Indonesia and English, 1,5-space, one column and follow Author Guidelines.
- Submit articles on author account in the form of Ms Word 97-2003 or Ms. Word 2013, text length 3.500-8.000 words, Margins: Top: 2,54, Left: 3, Bottom: 2,54, Right: 2,54, font: Arial, Spaced: 1.5 in a paper size (A4), and guided by uploading Article Template Silampari Bisa files.
- Article contains Title, Abstract, Introduction, Research Method, Research Results and Discussion, Conclusion, and References. a) Title. Writing titles in two languages namely English and Indonesia. English title is placed at the top if the English-language article is continued and the title is written after the abstract in the Indonesian language. The title in the Indonesian language is placed above if the Indonesian language article and continued written after the abstract in English. Title is written in capital letter, 12pt ents, maximum 15 words, and spaced 1. b) Abstract. Abstracts are written in two languages namely English and Indonesian. The abstract section contains research objectives, research methods, and research results in English. Use 11pt size arial fonts for abstract titles and 10pt fonts for abstract contents with single spaces. Abstract length maximum 250 words. Add keywords of at least 3 words and a maximum of 5 words. Abstract writing with one spaced. c) Introduction. Introduction is written without sub-heading. It consists of background of the problem (not compulsory), state of the art (at least 3 literatures/journals as primary source) to show novelty, gap analysis, review (if any) purpose of the research. The introduction ends with an emphasis on what will be discussed. This section uses Arial font with 12 pt size and spaced 1.5. d) Research Method. Provide method of the research in details that help reproducible research. It is written in past tense. It includes: participants, research design, data collection techniques, and data analysis techniques. Avoid putting formula in this part. This section uses Arial font with 12 pt size and space 1.5. e) Research Results and Discussion. 1. Research Results: show the result of the research. Research results only contain research findings that have not been linked to relevant theories and studies. This section uses Arial font with 12 pt size and space 1.5. 2) Discussion: show the discussion. The discussion includes the meaning of the study by comparing the findings of other researchers and the theories used. This section uses Arial font with 12 pt size and space 1.5. In quoting using body note writing system for example "According to Noermanzah (2017: 7)". The discussion can use tables or drawings. The title/table name with the 11th font is placed above the table and the title/image name with the font 11 is placed underneath the image. Writing the title/table name and image are placed in the center or center. Fill table with font size 10 with one space. Likewise for quotations from oral text transcribed in the form of posts made in space 1 with font size 10. f) Conclusion. Conclusion should answer the research purpose. It describes it innovation in the science. Write the conclusion briefly about one to two paragraphs. Do not use bullet or numbering. The conclusion also do not repeat the abstract. The conclusion section uses Arial font with 12 pt size and 1.5 spacing. g) References. It is recommended to use reference application such as, Mendeley Application, Zotero, EndNote. Please set APA 6, Arial 12pt, single space. Mendeley can be downloaded on the right side of Silampari Bisa. Make sure that only cited references are listed. Make sure to put cited reference in the reference list. The bibliographs quoted from several sources are incorporated or written separately and arranged alphabetically.
- Any manuscript published first through the process of checking plagiarism with Turnitin Ithenticate. The script will be processed if the plagiarism scan results show results below 30%.
- The Author receives information on the results of the review, either by authorized journal e-mail and on the journal status of the author account.
- The author receives his article revised from the results of reviews submitted by reviewers in the Peer Review section.
- The author uploads an improved article in Upload Author Version section of the special article in the Decision Editor section.
- The author uploads article improvements on Editing especially on the Copyediting: Author Copyedit.
- Research articles are ready for publication.
E. Indexing & Abstracting
Currently, Silampari Bisa: Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan Bahasa Indonesia, Daerah, dan Asing indexed by:
F. Peer Review Process
Each article will be published through a double blind review process submitted to the reviewer. The identity of the author will not be known to reviewers and vice versa. Reviewers will consider the feasibility of the articles viewed from the suitability of title, abstract, introduction, discussion and conclusion. The reviewer will also see the originality and reference quality of each article to be published.
G. Frequency of Issuance
Silampari Bisa: Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan Bahasa Indonesia, Daerah, dan Asing is published twice a year, June and December.
H. Open Access Policy
This journal provides open access which in principle makes research available for free to the public and will support the largest exchange of global knowledge.
OJS LOCKSS system serves as an inter-library distributed archiving system that uses this system with the aim of making permanent archives (for preservation and restoration). Lanjut OJS Lockss Sistem
J. Publication Cancellation
Authors are not allowed to cancel or retrieve the manuscript of the article, because the cancellation of the text affects the wasted waste of energy and valuable time devoted by editors and reviewers, as well as funds invested by managers. If the author wishes to request the cancellation / withdrawal of the article when the article is in the peer-reviewed process, the writer is subject to a penalty of Rp 1,500,000.00 (one million five hundred thousand rupiah) per manuscript, as compensation to the manager of the journal. However, revocation / withdrawal of submitted articles is not an ethical thing to do. As for the cancellation / withdrawal of articles caused by the author's article received on a journal, the writer is subject to a penalty penalty of Rp 3,000,000.00 (three million rupiah) per manuscript. Cancellation / withdrawal of articles can only be made after a fine is paid to the manager of the journal. If the author does not agree to pay a fine, the authors and affiliates will be prohibited from publishing articles in this journal.